Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Lifestyle FOOD Bake Challenge

I know I have been gone for a loooong time.  And to come back just to ask for a favour is not the best thing in the world but I'll take my chances for whatever it's worth.

You see, I entered a cake of mine in an online competition just for fun.  It's mostly a popularity contest. However, Australian Bakeoff judges Matt Moran and Maggie Beer will choose their top 3 bakes from the 10 bakes who receive the most votes.  Only the judges' choices will get prizes.

The cake I entered is the birthday cake I made for my first grandson.  Yes, you read that right!  I have a grandson.  His name is Lachlan and he is 15 months old now!  I have not shared this part of my personal life with you although without you knowing, I've actually shared some of the cakes I made for him for his baby showers (here and here) and baptism.  Maybe someday soon, I will tell you more about him and what it's like being a rather young grandma.

On Lachlan's first birthday last August, I made for him a 3D teddy bear cake which I so painstakingly made to look like his favourite teddy bear.  He loves his bear and doesn't go to bed without it!


His daddy (my second son) turned 21 just 5 days before his birthday so we held their party together.



To be honest, carving cakes is not my thing.  Never did it before and so it really took all the powers in me to pull it off.  I was so happy that I did!

Anyway, back to the contest...

Again, the goal here is just to get my entry to the Top 10.  From there, it will be up to the judges.  I have not seen any teddy bear cake entries yet so I sort of have high hopes for my cake to win.  But I do need your help for this to happen. Pretty please?

You don't have to sign up for anything.  All you need to do is go to my entry page and click on the VOTE button.  That's it.  You are allowed to vote once a day.  If you vote for me once,  I will appreciate it very much.  If you will take the time to vote for me everyday till the end of the competition on the 13th of December, then I would love you for it :)  And I would love you even more if you share the link with your friends and ask them to vote as well.  Is that asking too much? Hope not! :)

Thank you very much! I will surely let you know how it goes!



PS.  Just to let you know too, I am working on a second book.  And I am working on new cakes as well.  Being a grandma just takes too much time away from baking and sitting in front of the computer that's why it's taking so long to finish. I love being a grandma though!

15 comments:

  1. They both look amazing. Off to vote now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corrine, just to let you know I am one of the many fallowers that uses your cake recipes. My family loves it and the Ube cake is one them, they prefer the cake baked at home fallowing your recipe than the one bought at RR. Now I don't have to drive hours to Virginia Beach just to buy one thanks to you. As an appreciation, I'll make sure to vote as much as I can for your entry. Then again, another amazing cake you made. It look so real and I bet it's also delicious. Corrine, thank you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Corinne...done voting, my dear. Best of luck to you...and of course, congratulations for Lachlan. I am sure he is bringing you so much joy and pride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got my vote... and will get it every single day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Corrine! :) will vote now. We miss your recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Corinne! Done voting! Miss your write-ups and can't wait for the second book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Corine,
    Done voting..hope you win..good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only way i can payback with all your generosity of sharing your recipes with us! Gonna vote for you daily! That's a promise! Ang congratulations with your grandson, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey corrine, done voting and will really make an effort to do it till the end. Congrats on being a Lola !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Done voting just after you post this! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got my vote Me Corrine!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just voted again corrine!! you're in the top 10??? yey!!! 😱😱😱

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Corinne, I already voted for you!!!! yehey, can I vote everyday? until December 13? I already pursued my baking career and I practice some of your recipes (the not so complicated ones) and my personal favorite is the caramel cake. I love the outcome really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can vote everyday till the 13th! Thank you :)

      Delete